America the Beautiful Five-Ounce Silver Bullion Coins
The U.S. Mint provides a wide range of coins that go beyond the everyday use and that are highly sought after as collectibles. One such coin type is the America the Beautiful (ATB) five-ounce silver coin. These coins are available at affordable prices on eBay and provide collectors with a valuable and artistic set of coins from the U.S. Mint.How many varieties of America the Beautiful silver coins exist?
Unlike other coin releases, the popular ATB coin series has a varied design that is similar to the state quarters series. There are a few distinct design elements that make this coin set highly collectible in its entirety:
- Back-side design: Like the state quarters series, the ATB series has reverse sides that represent a monument, a national park, or a national forest that is located within that specific state. These images were chosen by a chief executive of each jurisdiction that was approved by the Secretary of the Treasury.
- Dates: The release dates for this coin set run from 2010 to 2021.
- Face design: The design of each coins face is the same, with the left-profile portrait of George Washington that also appears on circulated quarters. It was originally designed by John Flanagan in 1932. The face of the coin also features the value of the coin along with the words ?In God We Trust? and ?United States of America.?
Unlike the more commonly circulated varieties of coins, silver coin bullion is typically worth far more than its face value. The value of this specific collection will be based upon the current price of silver and the overall condition of the coin.How do collectors maintain this type of coin mintage?
Maintaining this series in mint condition is vital to maintaining the value of your purchase. To properly maintain your America the Beautiful coin set, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Limit the amount of time you spend touching the coin. Oils from your skin can leave marks and over time degrade the coin.
- Step 2: Get your coins graded and slabbed. Once the coin is in a slab, it will be protected from any outside elements.
- Step 3: Keep your collection in a safe place. A fireproof lock box will keep your collection secure.