Baby Activity Centers
Baby activity centers are great toys for babies. Activity centers help to develop cognitive, fine, and gross motor skills all in one stationary seat. A play center is a great transition tool for babies who are learning to stand but are not yet walking.
At what age can my baby use an activity center?
Although an exersaucer has a seat and does offer some support, babies should be at least four months and able to hold their head up and sit without assistance. Remember, this age is the minimum. Some babies may not be ready to use an exersaucer until they are six or eight months or even older. Never put your baby in an activity center until you feel he or she is ready.
What skills do activity centers help develop?
Activity centers are great for babies because they serve a variety of purposes. They help your kid learn important skills through play while also helping him or her to be more independent.
- cognitive: Most play centers play music and help your kid learn about numbers, letters, colors, shapes, animals, and more. The toys will often also teach cause and effect and other important problem-solving skills through play.
- fine motor: The different toys around the activity center that your kid can play with help develop fine motor skills. These activities often encourage your baby to open and close, spin wheels, move objects along a track, push buttons, and more. These skills are essential for later skills such as writing, drawing, and feeding himself or herself.
- gross motor: As your child bounces, spins, and stands in a play center or jumper, he or she is developing crucial gross motor skills. Your child is also strengthening his or her legs and core, which will help in crawling, pulling up, and walking.
What are some popular bouncers?
- Baby Einstein Neptunes Ocean Discovery Jumper: This Baby Einstein jumper features fun animal creatures and exciting toys and sounds for your baby to discover. It also encourages foreign language development by teaching familiar words in English, French, and Spanish.
- Evenflo Exersaucer Baby Activity Center: This exersaucer has fun toys for your baby to discovery on a tray that surrounds him or her. It has a snack tray and has adjustable heights for use as your kid grows.
- Bright Starts Around We Go 3 in 1 Zippity Zoo: This exciting center has a seat on the outside that lets your child go around the table. The table features fun animals and a piano that plays different melodies. When your child is a toddler, you can remove the seat and use it as an activity table.
- 4-in-1 Step and Play Piano: This musical center has a bouncer for younger babies that lets them bounce and step on a piano that plays music. For toddlers, you can remove the seat and they can still use the piano.