Your Guide to Selecting Canon Inkjet Printers
An inkjet printer can be used at home and in the office. Whether you want to print black-and-white marketing materials or color photographs, Canon makes inkjet printers in a variety of models with different functions to meet your particular needs.What are the different types of inkjet printers?
There are many different models of Canon inkjet printers on the market. Understanding the various types will help you decide which one is right for you.
- Standard: This type of printer will print photos and documents.
- All-in-one: This printer may copy, scan, and/or fax as well as print.
- Large format: This printer can produce 11-inch by 14-inch and larger prints.
- Mobile: This is a smaller version you can pack up and take with you when you're on the go.
This type of printer features multiple capabilities within a single machine to save space and provide convenience. Most all-in-one printers include at least three of these functions:
- Printing: Printing documents.
- Faxing: Faxing documents to another fax machine.
- Scanning: Scanning documents and photos to a computer or a portable storage drive.
- Copying: Copying documents on the flatbed part of the printer.
When you want to connect your inkjet printer to a computer, first take a look at the ports that you have. From there, you can choose one of these connectivity options:
- USB 1.0.
- USB 2.0.
Resolution is critical when choosing a Canon printer as it determines the level of clarity of your printed material. The higher the dpi (dots per inch), the more detail you will have. A higher resolution is particularly desirable when you're printing photos. Different resolutions include:
- 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- 1200 x 2400 dpi.
- 4800 x 600 dpi.
- 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- 9600 x 2400 dpi.
A Canon printer may take a variety of inks for the printing jobs you're running. The ink cartridges will be numbered, and you will need to find the number that corresponds to the inkjet model you have. Printers may use these ink types:
- Black and white: For this type of printing, you will need only black ink cartridges.
- Color: The printer will either accept an all-in-one color cartridge or one for each of the three main colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta). Color printers also use a black cartridge.
- Photo: Some Canon printers require a special photo cartridge.