Collectible Foghorn Leghorn Items
Foghorn J. Leghorn is a cartoon rooster who was created by Robert McKimson and Warren Foster as a part of the Looney Toons and Merry Melodies cartoons by Warner Brothers. Foghorn Leghorn appeared in 28 short cartoons between 1946 and 1963. There are several things to keep in mind when searching for collectible Foghorn Leghorn items.What are the types of Foghorn Leghorn collectible items?
- Figurines: Figurines of the Foghorn Leghorn Warner Brothers character feature the full character, including his white body, red crest, and yellow beak. The figurines are made with a flat base, so they can be displayed next to other bird figurines or Looney Tunes characters, if you wish.
- Household goods: Choose from coffee mugs, glassware, pitchers, picture frames, and other types of household goods that feature the rooster. There are also plush toys of the feathered boy bird from the show. These items are made from a variety of materials, including acrylics, plastic, glass, and ceramic.
- Wearable accessories: Wearable accessories of the cartoon shows character include iron-on or sew-on patches, T-shirts, baseball caps, and pajamas.
- Large feet: The male chicken sports extra large feet in comparison to the rest of his body size. For the collectibles, this provides a base for figurines so they can be placed on a display shelf, if desired. The feet are often shown with claws.
- Anthropomorphic posture: Foghorn Leghorn was modeled after the fictional Senator Claghorn. Since the chicken was modeled after a person, he is often depicted with anthropomorphic features that are evident in the collectible items. Some of the anthropomorphic features include large eyes, a smiling face, and hands with fingers.
- Long tail feathers: This Looney Tunes character is also known for his long red and white tail feathers. The feathers are unusually long for a chicken, and they are depicted on the collectible items as cascading downward, similar to a ponys or horses tail.
The Foghorn rooster figurines by Looney Tunes may be made of ceramic, polyvinyl chloride, or dolomite. When these collectible cartoon characters are displayed on a shelf, they may collect some dust. Handling of the Looney Tunes character figurines may also leave some oils and residue from the fingers. It is important to carefully remove the dust before rubbing the material because the dust could etch some of the paint or finish away. To remove the dust from the figurine, use a soft-bristled brush to gently sweep the dust off all the exterior surfaces. Use a damp microfiber cloth with a gentle dishwashing detergent to remove residue or oil. Use a clean and dry microfiber cloth to pat the Foghorn figurine dry.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Warner Brothers.