A Buyer's Guide to Dell Laser Printers
The right laser printer provides clear and crisp images when you send a document to the print queue. Dell laser printers are available in a range of configurations and styles. They offer different features for use in printing documents at home or in the office.What are the connectivity options for Dell's laser printers?
Connectivity refers to how the laser printing system receives the file from a computer, tablet or other electronic device. The options include:
- Wireless: This type of connectivity uses a Wi-Fi setup for communications, sending, and receiving files.
- USB: This wired type of connectivity is available in 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 configurations. Some of the products have ports for both USB 1.0 and USB 2.0.
- Parallel: This wiring configuration allows for computers to be wired to the printer with IEEE 1284 connectivity.
- Ethernet: Ethernet cables can be used to connect the printing system and computer.
- Bluetooth: The product automatically detects and connects with other devices that also have Bluetooth connectivity.
The brand offers different types of printers that use laser technology for the printing process. These types include:
- Standard: This type of printer only prints from digital files sent to the printer from a computer, tablet, or another connected device.
- All-in-one: This product prints, sends faxes, and makes photocopies of documents.
- Label printer: A separate tray for loading self-adhesive label rolls in addition to the sheets of printer paper allows the product to print labels.
- Mobile: The mobile printers are designed for on-the-go use.
- Workgroup: These systems allow for multiple computer workstations to send documents to the print queue.
The brand's printers offer different levels of resolution. Resolution refers to the number of dots per square inch (dpi) on the paper generated by the laser. The higher the level of resolution, the more detailed and crisp the image will be. The available resolution levels for the printers are:
- 600x600 dpi
- 1200x1200 dpi
- 1200x2400 dpi
- 2400x600 dpi
- 4800x1200 dpi
The brand's printers with a laser format are available in black and white output and in color output. Some of the brand's printers offer both black and white and color output. The colors are created with the use of a color toner cartridge. The color cartridges include cyan, magenta, and yellow. The combination printers offer two slots for toner installation. The slots are labeled for the black toner and the color toner.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dell.