HP Laptop Replacement Parts for Pavilion
Hewlett-Packard offers many replacement parts for HP Pavilion users to choose from, including LCD display screens, keyboards, motherboards, touchpads, and more.What is an HP Pavilion computer?
Hewlett-Packard, or HP, manufactures desktop and laptop computers and other business equipment, and the Pavilion brand targets the home and home-office segments. The HP Pavilion product range includes:
- Desktop PCs
- All-in-one PCs
What are HP Pavilion replacement parts?
Pavilion parts are made and sold by HP and other companies so that users and technicians can:
- Repair HP Pavilion desktop and laptop computers.
- Restore damaged or worn units to like-new condition.
- Upgrade Pavilion models for more performance, memory, and storage.
What replacement parts are available?
There is a considerable selection of parts that are available from HP. Many other parts for HP Pavilion laptops and desktops, including keyboards and LCD display screens, are available as an OEM or OEM-alternative part. A third option is to purchase pre-owned parts that have been removed from a retail laptop, notebook, or PC and possibly refurbished. Some of the replacements available for your HP Pavilion include:
- Hard drives
- Wi-Fi adapters
- CPU cooling fans
- Laptop LCD screens
How is a replacement part matched to a particular model?
Upgrades may not require an exact match. If you are seeking to upgrade the 2.5-inch hard drive in your HP Pavilion G6 laptop, for instance, then any standard 2.5-inch laptop HDD will do. If, on the other hand, you are replacing Pavilion model-specific parts, such as a keyboard or an LCD display screen, then you must:
- Locate a parts list in your user manual or through HP PartSurfer.
- Find the part number or numbers for the HP Pavilion parts in question.
- Choose the option from those available that is compatible, or your preference if applicable.
- Select a retail or OEM part that matches or supports that part number.
How do you install Pavilion parts?
The installation process will vary depending on the specific Pavilion part to be replaced. However, when installing any internal parts in your laptop or PC, there are steps that you can take to ensure that your HP Pavilion and the new parts remain in good condition. You should:
- Wear latex gloves and an antistatic device.
- Turn off your HP Pavilion laptop or PC before beginning repairs.
- Detach the power source.
- Open the HP laptop or desktop case in an even manner.
- Ground yourself by connecting your antistatic device to metal within the HP case.