Nursery Furniture Sets
Decorating the baby's nursery is an exciting event for a new parent. As an expectant parent, you may be wondering just what you and your baby will need in the nursery. A thoughtful design of your baby's nursery, with a nursery furniture collection and accessories, will make it a space that is both functional and beautiful.How do you select furniture for your infant's room?
There are several pieces you will want for your collection to make it a comfortable place and function well. A crib, changing table, and rocking chair is a good place to start. Think about the overall style of your nursery, and choose pieces that will match. With a newborn, you can start with the basics. As your infant gets older, you will want to add more pieces of furniture.What do you need to start your nursery furniture collection?
Here are the basics that are needed for a nursery:
- Bassinet - A bassinet provides a portable, secure sleeping area for the baby. Some newborns prefer a bassinet because it is smaller and cozier than a crib. Parents also tend to prefer a bassinet for their newborns because it is easier to move and can be kept beside the parent’s bed for late-night feedings.
- Changing Table – Choose a changing table with enough storage for diapers and other baby needs. One option is to select a dresser that has a convertible changing area on the top.
- Crib - Your baby will spend most of the first year of life sleeping in the crib. Consider a convertible crib. This type of crib can convert to a child's bed with a slightly larger mattress and then use a regular bed mattress as your child grows older.
- Rocking Chair – This chair is a place to sit for feedings and while soothing the baby if it starts to cry.
As your kids get older, there are a few furniture items you may want to add to your collection:
- Portable Playpen – A playpen that is portable allows a place for your kids to safely play in the nursery or in an area outside of the child's room.
- Dresser – Adding a dresser gives you a place to store the infant’s clothes.
As kids learn to walk, there is a need to add things to keep them interested. Here is some furniture to consider for older kids:
- Bookcase - A well-made bookcase is needed to hold children’s books.
- Toy Storage - As your kid gets older, he or she will have many toys. You will need either a toy box or a toy storage system to help keep everything organized.
- Children's Table and Chair – Many toddlers enjoy using crayons and coloring books at a small table.
- Play Area – A dedicated play area is optional. Some are made of soft foam to give protection from falls.