Print Keepsake Photos as You Shoot Them Using a Polaroid Mobile Printer
Whether you want to decorate your walls or fill a photo album, the Polaroid Zip mobile printer uses technology that enables users to print instant photographs from cameras and other sources. The standalone unit measures 2.9 inches by 4.7 inches and weighs less than 6.6 ounces. It works with Android, iOS, Bluetooth, and NFC and comes in black, white, red, or blue.How do you use the mobile unit?
You can send photographs from smartphones to the device via Bluetooth or NFC technology. Photos can be printed without wires anywhere within range of capability. Included is a download of the Zip app for Android and iOS, allowing users to edit photos before printing. Special features like voice recordings, text, emojis, and links can be added with a few simple moves. The standalone also allows an embedded password-safe code to share confidential info with specific contacts.What kind of results can users expect?
Users can expect the following results:
- Direct printing from an iOS or Android device via Bluetooth or NFC
- No ink or ink cartridges
- 2x3-inch photos printed on sticky paper in less than 60 seconds
The printer has a 500 mAh rechargeable battery that fully loads in 1.5 hours and prints 25 sheets of paper between charges. Sheets of paper are approximately 5x8 centimeters. In addition to the battery, the printer comes with a microUSB cable, 10 sheets of Zink paper, and a quick start guide. See the manufacturer site for details.What is Zink technology?
Zink stands for "zero ink." The process uses digital technology to print full-color, high-resolution photos in a single pass with no cartridges and no waste. Polaroid manufactures at least eight devices that combine cameras with Zink printers. In addition to the PoGo, the Pic 1000, and the Z-340, other models include the following:
- Pop: a 2017 model with 3x4-inch prints
- Snap Plus: a 13 MP digital camera with 3x4-inch prints
- Snap Instant Digital Camera: a 10 MP camera with 2x3-inch prints
- Socialmatic: a 14 MP camera with 2x3-inch prints
- Z2300 Digital Instant Print Camera: a 10 MP camera with 2x3-inch prints
A firmware update is available for devices compatible with Zink paper and 2x3-inch Premium Zink Rainbow Photo Paper from Polaroid. The software enables the printer to create a solid border around images in one of five randomly chosen, bright colors. It can be downloaded in five steps:
- Download the Polaroid Zip app from Google or Apple to your smartphone.
- Connect the printer to the app by Bluetooth.
- Open the app and then press the icon "My Zip."
- Press the icon that says "Device Manager."
- On the bottom of the screen, press the "Update" button. Wait for the app to install firmware updates.