San Francisco Music Box Collectibles
Founded in 1978, the San Francisco Music Box Company makes several musical collectibles in varying styles and themes. Finding the proper music box for any occasion can be simple with the variety of choices they have.What items does the San Francisco Music Box Company make?
The San Francisco Music Box Company offers many different types of keepsakes, such as:
- Snow and water globes: The difference between a snow globe and a water globe is in the contents: A snow globe has white plastic flakes that give the appearance of falling snow when it is turned upside down, whereas a water globe has glitter inside.
- Figurines: These poly-resin statuettes contain a wind-up music box. The statuettes may or may not rotate atop the base. They are available in many styles.
- Music boxes: A small, decorative box will often play a tune that matches the picture on the lid.
- Jewelry boxes: This music box is made with special compartments to hold rings, watches, necklaces, and bracelets. The box will often have a decorative ornament that pops up when the lid is opened. This ornament may or may not spin while the tune is playing.
- Banks: This type of music box is special as a tune will play whenever a coin is inserted in the slot.
The San Francisco Music Box Company makes their collectibles in a wide variety of themes that feature many characters.
- Christmas: Christmas-themed items are by far the largest category of items offered by the San Francisco Music Box Company. Snow globes and candle holders are only a couple of the keepsakes available in this category. They are adorned with characters like Santa and snowmen.
- Other holidays: Snow globes, figurines, and music boxes are available for other holidays as well. For example, you can purchase a figurine with two bears kissing for Valentine’s Day or a snow globe with an eagle in front of a flag for the Fourth of July.
- Weddings and anniversaries: The San Francisco Music Box Company offers several romantic and musical options that can be given for weddings and anniversaries; roses and hearts are a common theme.
- Special collections: Among these are specially licensed items with themes derived from pop culture. With the music box from the movie “Anastasia,” keepsakes from “The Phantom of the Opera,” and snow globes with the characters from “The Wizard of Oz,” there is something for just about everyone. Other collections include “Dream Dancer Ballerinas” and carousels.