Satin Pajama Sets and Sleepwear Robes for Men
Satin pajama sets are smooth and silky against the skin. They feature slip-on pants and button-up tops, often with a V-shaped collar. These pajamas are available in a variety of colors and prints.What materials are satin pajama sets made of?
Satin is not a material in itself; the term refers to how the fabric is weaved. These mens sleepwear sets are mostly made of silk. Silk is a natural fiber, so it is loose and breathable. Silk can also be dyed in a number of attractive colors and even have patterns printed on it. Synthetic fibers, designed to have silk-like features, are also sometimes used alone or blended with the silk. A few of these fabrics include:
- Nylon: Smooth yet durable, nylon actually replaced silk as the material of choice for parachutes in World War II. It can repel water but melts at high temperatures. Take care if you need to iron anything made with this material.
- Cotton: Cotton fiber consists mostly of cellulose, which is actually a form of sugar. It can absorb up to 27 times its weight in water, which is why it is usually easy to wash.
- Polyester: Polyester does not wrinkle easily and usually dries quickly. Polyester also does not fade quickly.
That depends on which style you choose. There are options for warm and cool weather. The sleeve length and leg length are variable, but you can also opt for satin robes to add a layer to the pajamas if needed.
- Bottoms: Satin pajamas are available with either full-length pant bottoms or short bottoms. Short bottoms reach to about 2 inches above the knee.
- Tops: The tops in these satin sets can have short or long sleeves. Short sleeves reach almost to the elbow while long sleeves come to the wrist.
- Robes: A satin robe is a good option for layering. It can be thrown on over the satin pajamas or worn without them.
A satin pajama set can come in a variety of sizes. Some of these include:
There are also options available for taller people as well as plus sizes. You may even be able to find unisex options that fit both men and women.What styles do the satin robes and pajamas come in?
- Standard: Many pajama sets look like your average shirt and shorts or pants, just made of satin. Some also feature pockets on the top, bottoms, or both.
- Kimono: Many satin robes are a kimono style, which has wide lapels extending from the collar. They are long and reach down to about knee-length on most people. They have two pockets, one on each side at hip level.
- Chinese: Some satin pajama sets come in a Chinese style, with a long-sleeved tunic top with horizontal closures. Some feature a white interior so that it looks like a kung-fu uniform when you roll up the sleeves.