Fulfill Your Printing Needs With Sharp Toner Refill Kits
Sharp manufactures electronic products and accessories, such as printers for both business and personal use. If you use one of their printers frequently, you may wish to know about what types of toner refill kits are available, what they can do for you, and how to refill or replace empty cartridges. Here are answers to questions you may have.What is the difference between toner and ink?
Toner and ink are both substances your printer may use to bring photos taken with your digital camera to life or produce your business reports. However, the mechanics involved with each one are different. Understanding how these two processes work may help you find the toner cartridge that is compatible with your printer and avoid the mistake of trying to use ink in a device that doesn't support it.
- Ink: This liquid gets its tint from pigments or dyes that are mixed into a solution. Dyes dissolve completely, while pigments are fine particles that are suspended in the liquid.
- Toner: This is a fine, powdery substance that laser printers use to create images or words on paper. A laser inside the printer provides a charge to an electrical drum and a separate charge to the paper. The powder sticks to the paper based on these charges.
While the specific steps for replacing a cartridge of toner can vary depending on the model of printer you use, you may be able to follow these general steps as a guideline:
- Open: Lift the top of your printer to access its inner workings.
- Remove the drum and cartridge: Pull the drum assembly straight out of the machine. Press the release lever on the drum to remove the empty cartridge.
- Get the replacement cartridge: Take the replacement unit out of its box and shake it gently to loosen the powder. Remove the sealing tape without touching the imaging drum.
- Insert the cartridge: Snap the replacement unit into place.
- Reinsert the drum: Slide the cleaning lever on the drum back and forth a few times, then put it back in the device.
You will usually find refill kits that work with laser printing technology. However, here are a of couple considerations you may wish to keep in mind when looking for a replacement toner cartridge:
- Choose a size: Make sure the size of the refill is compatible with the model of print device you are using. Some refills may work with various models.
- Choose a color: Some toner refill cartridges are available in sets while others come in single colors. Toner uses color combinations such as black, cyan, magenta, and yellow.