Learn More About Walk-Behind Compactors
Compactors compress the soil around a building or yard-work site, making it denser. This helps prevent the ground from shifting as it settles. eBays selection of new and used walk-behind models are a handy option for compacting the earth at your home or in small areas.What are the advantages of a walk-behind compactor?
Walk-behind models are small, which means that you can maneuver them into tight spaces. This allows you to compact the soil along your house or on the site of a paving project. Most models feature a handle that enables you to push the machine as you would a lawnmower. As a result, you can tackle a variety of construction or landscaping projects without bringing in big, expensive machinery. In addition, you dont need to waste valuable time waiting for outside contractors.How do walk-behind compactors work?
Most walk-behind compactors consist of an engine, an exciter, and a plate that lies against the ground. The engine delivers power to the exciter, which makes the plate vibrate. As the plate jumps up and down in small vibrations, it pushes the particles of the soil closer together. The longer you leave the plate on one spot, the denser the soil becomes.What are some available features on walk-behind compactors?
On eBay, you can find models with a variety of features. Each handy compactor is designed to increase your comfort or make it easier to get the job done.
- Cushioned handles: Padded handles create a soft, comfortable grip, so you can hold on easily during long workdays.
- Thumb-control throttle: This handle-mounted control enables you to adjust the speed of your machine while you work.
- Heavy-duty shocks: These sturdy shocks help reduce vibration in the handle to increase your comfort.
Since a compactor is a critical piece of equipment, it?s important to select the model that?s best for your job type and work areas. The following considerations can help you choose the right compactor:
- Pick a plate size: Select a plate that suits your projects. Smaller plates fit easily into tight spaces, while larger plates help you cover more ground, so you don?t waste time.
- Choose a travel speed: Higher speeds enable you to move faster, which means that you can complete projects quickly.
- Select a compaction force: The higher the force, the tighter you can compact the soil.
- Pick special features: Choose from features such as cushioned handles, water tanks, and self-cleaning plates.