Enhance Movie and Music Sounds by Setting Up a Yamaha Home Audio Stereo Receiver
Yamaha home audio speakers have sound components that are designed for movies and music, and every system can produce dramatic effects through various audio channels. On eBay, youll find many inexpensive Yamaha home audio receivers with two to 11.2 audio channels for large and small spaces.What are the surround sound formats for Yamaha receivers?
Every Yamaha home audio receiver is designed with a specific surround sound technology. Each surround sound option moves waves around a listener in a different way in order to achieve a 360-degree effect. No matter what Yamaha setup you choose, the receiver will have ports for three or more audio channels. The following formats take advantage of a Yamaha receivers surround sound hardware:
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Pro Logic
On a Yamaha receivers rear panel, there are ports that connect audio and video hardware to various devices and accessories. In order to use certain inputs, youll have to connect a compatible cable and access a specific audio or video mode. The main input options on most Yamaha units include the following:
- A digital coaxial RCA port
- A digital optical TOSLINK
- A TRS jack
- An HDMI
- Stereo jacks
Many Yamaha home audio receivers are designed with hardware that generate sound from certain devices. The main product types are:
- Home theater receivers - Home theater receivers are made for DVD and Blu-ray players. They transmit dramatic sounds from movies that were produced with surround sound equipment. A home theater receiver has inputs for every speaker that youll need to experience total surround sound.
- Stereo receivers - A stereo receiver is an ideal device for general listening sessions. Although this unit only requires two speakers, it produces crisp stereo sound effects.
- Tuners - A tuner takes advantage of Hi-Fi components. It enhances sounds that are generated by an amplifier.
Youll find dozens of Yamaha AV receivers with features that provide convenient listening opportunities. The included audio features will vary depending on a Yamaha product; however, most home sound systems will feature the following:
- Bluetooth - This feature connect a Yamaha audio receiver to wireless devices. If you have music on a tablet or phone, you can transfer the songs to a Yamaha receiver by setting up Bluetooth.
- Wi-Fi - Wi-Fi gives users more opportunities to enjoy movies and music. This hardware provides access to many popular audio and movie services.