Plastic chairs can be used for a wide range of commercial and domestic purposes. Lightweight and durable, they are easy to arrange as furniture outdoors and useful in many different weather conditions. These chairs come in a variety of different shapes, colors, and styles.What should you consider when buying plastic chairs?
There are a wide variety of plastic seats on the market. To choose the right seat for you, consider these factors:
- The material - There are different types of plastic used to make these products
- The style - The chairs come in different styles and each type will work well for specific purposes
These seats are mainly differentiated by the type of material used to make them. There are 2 main types. These are:
- Thermoplastic – These chairs and made from heat softened plastic through injection molding, blow molding, or a vacuum process.
- Thermosets – As with thermoplastic chairs, the manufacturing process for thermoset chairs uses heat, but the chairs do not change their shape through reheating. These chairs include materials such as melamine.
- Nylon - This material is very solid and can make excellent strings. It is highly durable.
- Acrylic - This material is thick and can be murky or straightforward. There are 2 types of acrylic: extreme plastic and cast. Cast acrylic plastic is very hard. An advantage of extreme plastic is the fact that it adapts quickly.
- PVC and UPVC - These two are very similar and make chairs that are stiff, hard, and very light. They are commonly used to make plastic chairs for the outdoors.
- Polythene- This one is very light and can easily bend
- Polypropylene - This plastic has a waxy feel. It can twist without breaking
- Bakelite - This is a thermosetting plastic equipped with either paper or other materials
- Epoxy resin -This plastic has been fortified with carbon fiber to produce a very solid and light material
- Melamine - This material does not change when heated and is good for seats for use in hot conditions
Quality plastic seats come in different forms to fit in different spaces, such as around a table. They are commonly used outside, as they are light and are not affected by various weather conditions. They include:
- Upright armchairs
- Stackable chairs
- Folding chairs
- Bistro sets
- Sun loungers
Plastic garden seats are particularly common. Most of them are white, although some are designed in green to match the outdoor environment. That said, plastic chairs can be made in many different colors, including black, yellow, and brown.What are the advantages of plastic chairs?
Here are some reasons why you should consider using these seats:
- They are highly versatile and are resilient. They come in different shapes.
- They can withstand different weather conditions. They are ideal for the poolside, as they are repellent to water. If you intend to use your seat in intense sunlight, you should get one that is UV-resistant.
- They are light and, therefore, very easy to move around.
- They are also very comfortable.